Irving Park Dog Off-Leash Area is part of a 16-acre public park in Portland, Oregon, located in the city’s northeast. It can be difficult to find the right park for your dog, especially if it is a specific area like a walking trail, swings for the kids, or somewhere to walk your dog. The Irving Park Off-Leash Dog Area provides everything you need. It features a sports field, a playground, and 1.3 acres of unfenced space to roam.
Irving Park Dog Off-Leash Area Considerations
It is vital to remember that, like with any park, rules must be followed in order to keep the park neat and organized. This includes making sure your dog isn’t hostile toward other people or dogs, and it’s your obligation as the owner to make sure your pup is up to date on any immunizations. Make sure your dog’s identification tag is visible and that you keep control of your pet while in the park.
In light of the Irving Park Off-Leash Dog Area’s large area, it is imperative that you keep an eye on your dog and communicate to them that you are always close in case they need a cuddle, a reward, or a snapshot of their tricks and moves. Respect and appreciate this park since it has everything you and your best friend could possibly need.
Map of Irving Park
NE Portland residents consider themselves lucky to have Irving Park as a refuge. If you’re thinking of taking your dog to a dog park, keep Irving Park in mind while making your itinerary, as these facilities aren’t always readily available.
Irving Park Dog Off-Leash Area Location and Hours
- 3148 NE 8th Ave, Portland, OR 97212
- Accessible Restroom
- Horseshoe Pit
- Nature Patch
- Picnic Table
- Dog Off-leash Area
- Paths (Paved)
- Baseball Field
- Soccer Field
- Softball Field
- Splash Pad
- Basketball Court
- Tennis Backboard
- Tennis Court (Lighted)
- Volleyball Court
- Popeye’s Chicken
- Eem Thai BBQ and Cocktail
- Whole Foods Market
- New Seasons Market
Irving Park Dog Off-Leash Area Rules
- Dogs must demonstrate appropriate social interaction.
- Dogs displaying aggressive behavior toward people or other dogs must be leashed and removed immediately.
- Owners and handlers must accept responsibility for any damage or injury caused by their dogs.
- Dogs must display tags showing proof of current license and rabies vaccination.
- Bring no more than three dogs at any time.
- Owners and handlers must remain to supervise pets, and keep them within view and under
verbal control at all times.
- To prevent injury, remove pinch or choke collars when playing off-leash.
- For health and safety reasons, do not bring a dog in heat to a Portland park.
- For health and safety reasons, do not bring a puppy without a complete cycle of vaccinations to a
- Children must be closely supervised.
- Be considerate of park neighbors by playing quietly with dogs in the early morning and evening hours.
- Comply with all other park rules.