Hazelia Field Dog Park is an off-leash park in Lake Oswego. This dog park is divided into two areas. The shy and timid off leash area is located north of the parking lot. On the west side of the parking lot is the large dog area. Along with the dog park, the 12-acre community park features playgrounds, an athletic field, public restrooms, ample parking, and about 1.5 acres of wetland. Fresh water and poop bags are available on the premises.
Hazelia Field Dog Park Features
Some people say that Hazelia Field Dog Park is the best dog park in the area. A separate area for active and shy dogs means that you don’t have to worry as much about a big dog hurting a small dog. The fact that there is running water means that the water bowls are always full. There is also a dog-sized drinking fountain that is always filled with fresh, clean water. If your dog gets too dirty, there is a hose outside the entry and exit gates that you can use to clean them off. Poop bags are available in several places inside the play area. There’s also a very clean bathroom to use.
Parking on the north side of the lot provides the best access to the off-leash dog area (see map below)
The larger main park is somewhat more than an acre in size and features a huge grassy area for fetch as well as a mulch walking track that circles its circumference. There are numerous large trees providing shade, picnic tables for relaxing, and covered shelters for protection from the elements (at least for people!). The smaller portion, roughly a 1/2 acre in size, is also lovely. Additionally, it features a surrounding trail, a covered shelter, and various seating areas. Both spaces are equipped with drinking fountains, poop bags, trash cans, and double-gated entry.
Hazelia Field Dog Park Location and Hours
- Address: 17800 SW Stafford Rd, Lake Oswego, OR 97034
- Off leash dog area hours: 6am – 10pm
- Football-Soccer Artificial Fields
- Handicap Accessible
- Natural Area – Wildlife viewing
- Off-leash dog area
- Playground-Play area
- Trails and Paths
- All dogs must be on a leash except in specified “off-leash” areas and under constant owner/keeper control on all park property.
- Owners or keepers must remove feces or other solid waste promptly.
- All dogs on Park Property must be licensed and currently vaccinated.
- Keep an eye on your dog to make sure they are playing nice with others.
- Dogs are not allowed on Athletic Fields unless authorized by the Parks & Rec Department Director.